About our Grants
The Olive Tree Foundation awards grants to not-for-profit organizations holding charitable registration with Customs and Revenue Canada Agency (or sponsored by an organization with charitable registration).
We invite applications from community-based groups working within the fields of social, health and community services; education and library services; policy institutes and think tanks; and arts, culture and heritage.
The Olive Tree Foundation provides grants of varying amounts as determined by the Board of Directors and its Grants Committee, based on available funds and the potential value of the proposed initiative to the community.
Grant making priorities of the Olive Tree Foundation include:
- Support for innovative ideas that address critical community needs and strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself.
- Encouragement for initiatives which:
– Promote the growth, development and success of community endeavors within the Foundations areas of interest
– Support children, youth and families
– Encourage educational opportunities and services
– Promote policy development and research in emerging areas
– Exhibit collaboration / cooperation within and across sectors
– Promote arts, culture and media opportunities
– Recognize and build on existing “assets” – that mix of talents, skills, knowledge, relationships and institutions
– Provide access to opportunities to our diverse community
– Encourage and nurture innovation
– Strengthen community capacity and volunteerism
– Enable and encourage human growth, dignity, inclusiveness, fairness and the equality of all people
Grants are not made to reduce operating or capital deficits; to support ongoing operating costs; to individuals; to annual, general or capital fundraising campaigns; or for purposes which may be deemed discriminatory.